Serves: 12 bars
Prep Time: 10 mins
Cook Time: 5 mins
- 1 ½ cups rolled oats
- ¾ cup puffed cereal e.g. rice, buckwheat
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup shredded coconut
- ¼ cup sesame seeds
- ¼ cup ground flaxseeds
- ¼ cup natural peanut butter (salted, or add ¼ teaspoon salt if unsalted)
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ⅓ cup brown rice syrup
- Line a 22cm square baking pan with baking paper, make sure plenty is sticking out over the side to life out easily.
- Mix the dry ingredients in a large bowl.
- Warm peanut butter, coconut oil and rice syrup in a small saucepan over low heat on the stove until bubbling. Remove from the heat and using a spatula scrape all the wet mixture into the dry mixture. Mix well to combine.
- Add the mixture to the baking pan and press down firmly with wet hands. Take a minute to press down firmly, to ensure bars will stick together. Place bars in the freezer for 10 minutes to set. Lift out the bars and cut into 12 even pieces. Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 2 weeks.
- Gluten-free – look for certified gluten-free oats or sub with quinoa flakes
- Nut-free – sub the nut butter with sunflower seed butter
- Flavour variation – remove cocoa powder, increase coconut to ½ cup and add ¼ cup chopped dried cranberries.