On this week’s episode, I am joined by a fellow naturopath, Carla Wrenn. Carla is such an inspiration in the naturopathic world. She is an integrative naturopath and nutritionist, a passionate learner, and has undergone post-graduate studies in integrative oncology, autoimmune diseases, and functional medicine within Australia and USA.
In September 2022, Carla launched Long Covid Care which is a virtual clinic created to support people with long COVID conditions.
In this episode, Carla shares with us her knowledge of long COVID and we discuss:
- What long COVID is;
- What some of the most common symptoms of long COVID are, and whether it presents the same in adults and children;
- What the research tells us about long COVID and children;
- Whether there is a link between COVID and the increased frequency and duration of winter illnesses we have had this year;
- Carla touches on why kids haven’t been 100% healthy since having COVID;
- The link between the microbiome and long COVID;
- Plus Carla shares with us some practical tips for recovering from long COVID.