In this podcast episode, we are discussing a very common issue – parasites in children. Specifically the gastrointestinal parasites blastocystis hominis and dientamoeba fragilis, which are the most common parasites we see at Natural Super Kids in kids, and in the community as a whole.
In this episode we discuss:
- The symptoms of parasites, including:
- Digestive symptoms: abdominal pain, diarrhea, constipation, alternating bowel symptoms.
- Loss of appetite;
- Iron & other nutrient deficiency.
- The link between parasites and mood, irritability and behaviour changes in kids;
- I discuss the age groups that are most at risk of infection from blastocystis hominis and dientamoeba fragilis;
- How we become infected by parasites;
- Why it’s essential to listen to this episode if your family home runs on tank water (your risk of infection is much, much higher)
- Our Natural Super Kids approach to treatment and eliminating parasites including why we take such a detailed case history with clients;
- Why the gut terrain is so important for treating and protecting your family from a parasite infection;
- The use of antimicrobial herbs;
- The role antibiotics play in treating parasites;
- Information on testing for parasites;
- Specific probiotics and prebiotics we love to use for treatment;
- Red flags in terms of when you need to seek medical attention.
- Come along to our FREE ONLINE MASTERCLASS: 3 Surprisingly Simple ways to transform your Kid’s Gut Health to improve Behaviour, Immunity, Allergies, and Fussy eating.
Save your Seat here
- Download our Kids Gut Health ebook here
- Blog post: Holistic approach to treating worms in kids.
- Blog post: Low iron in children – How to boost their levels.
- Links to research: