This week on the podcast I sat down with Rebecca Edwards, who is a qualified Naturopath and the Director of Education at Activated Probiotics, with more than 18 years of experience lecturing, teaching, and sharing her wealth of knowledge of complementary medicine.
Our team of practitioners at Natural Super Kids absolutely love the Activated Probiotics range and are seeing amazing results with their clients, so I’m excited to share more about this great company.
In this episode, Rebecca shares with us her wisdom about the gut microbiome and why it’s so important to choose a probiotic product that contains specific strains and species to treat the issue, rather than choosing any probiotic product you see at the store. If you take a daily probiotic, this episode is for you!
In this podcast episode Rebecca and I chat about:
- What exactly is a “microbiome”;
- The importance of the gut microbiome in babies and children & what the latest research tells us.
- Rebecca shares what makes Activated Probiotics different from others on the market;
- Plus examples of specific species and strains that are beneficial for conditions such as immunity, eczema, mood, and more;
- How probiotics can assist with hayfever, asthma, and environmental allergies including sharing the specific species and strain that will reduce symptoms;
- Rebecca explains the difference between adult and baby microbiomes, and why it’s important to focus less on diversity and more on increasing one dominant genus in the babies’ microbiomes.
We hope you enjoyed this chat with Rebecca and found the episode educational.
- Download your FREE Gut Health eBook here.
- Want to get your hands on these amazing probiotics? Book a consultation with one of our practitioners here.