Coughs are very common in kids and can cause significant interruptions in the home, especially at night when they often get worse due to laying down. The most common causes of coughs in children are respiratory tract infections which are very common in Winter, and can often be quite chronic and ongoing for weeks or months at a time.
Coughs are caused mainly by viruses, which means antibiotics are not usually very effective for treatment. Some children are more prone to post-viral coughs, with asthmatic children being the most affected.
In this week’s podcast episode, I will be discussing:
- The different types of coughs including, wet coughs, croup, bronchitis, bronchiolitis, wheezy coughs, whooping cough, and asthma;
- I go into detail about which coughs we can treat at home, plus how to manage croup at home;
- I discuss the red flags when it comes to coughs and when to seek medical attention;
- Prevention and natural treatments when it comes to coughs, including:
1. Supporting the immune systems, plus practical tips to keep kids’ immune systems strong;
2. Hydration and why this is important;
3. My favourite herbs and aromatherapy to soothe coughs.
- I also chat about croup, and what we often see with recurrent croup in kids.
- What the research states about the connection between croup and the higher chance of developing atopic conditions and/or allergies.
- I talk about the importance of vitamin D in relation to croup;
- And, why you might look into allergies, sensitivities, and intolerances. Plus the most common intolerance we see in kids with croup.
- Ways you can build up a child’s allergic tolerance when they have croup.
– Book an Express Consultation with Sarah here.
– Check out my favourite Chesty Rub from 123 NourishMe.
– Related Blog: Natural Croup Treatment & Prevention Strategies
– Podcast Episode 18: All About Dairy – Is Dairy A Problem For Your Child?
Break the winter sickness cycle and learn how to keep your family healthy this winter.
Get access to our on-demand masterclass (to watch at your convenience) 3 SIMPLE Ways To NATURALLY BOOST Your Kids’ IMMUNITY to Avoid A Winter Full Of Sickness.
Sign up here