Molluscum Contagiosum is a very common skin condition that is usually seen in kids. Most adults tend to have natural immunity, as they will have been exposed to the infection at a young age. It is a viral infection that presents as raised spots on the skin that doctors often misdiagnose as warts.
There are not many pharmaceutical options available for molluscum. Doctors will usually advise you to let the virus run its course because it will go away eventually. But it is an unsightly infection, and in some children, it could linger for many months.
In this podcast episode I discuss:
- External remedies for Molluscum Contagiosum including:
- Two essential oils that we have had success with;
- Natural remedies such as apple cider vinegar;
- The internal approach that we have had lots of success with to fight off the virus;
- The one thing you want to reduce in your child’s diet;
- The particular foods you can include to help avoid and reduce symptoms of the infection;
- Two key supplements that can help support the immune system and help fight off Molluscum Contagiosum. including;
- Zinc – including correct form and dosage for adequate absorption;
- Four mushrooms we love dosing that boost immunity and are anti-viral;
- How to reduce the spread to other people and other parts of the body.
This topic is something that we get emailed about a lot, so we hope you find this information educational.
- If you would like further assistance with Molluscum Contagiosum, or a script for the products we mention in this episode – you can book an Express Consultation with our naturopath Sarah here.
- Download the Foods To Boost Immunity Cheat Sheet to assist your child’s immune system.
- Check out the Dealing with Molluscum Contagiosum blog post here.