In this podcast episode, I sat down with Amanda Rootsey from Shine From Within. Amanda is a Hay House author, qualified life coach, and youth mentor. She has been teaching and presenting to teens since she was a teen herself and has supported thousands of youth since launching her holistic training school, Shine From Within in 2012. Shine From Within offers an online academy for teenagers as well as an award-winning online training program for those wanting to become Youth Mentors.
In this podcast episode, Amanda and I chat about:
- Some of the most common challenges teen girls face today;
- How we can support our teens better as parents;
- We touch on eating disorders, and disordered eating in teens;
- Amanda shares some helpful resources with us for preventing and addressing eating disorders in our teen girls;
- We also discuss anxiety & helpful actions to empower our teen girls to deal with anxiety.
- The Online Academy is a nurturing virtual space for your teen to be themselves, broaden their interests, expand their community and grow into who they want to be. Click here for a free 3 month trial;
- Purchase Amanda’s book; Shine From Within;
- Sabine McKenzie is a great parent to follow on Instagram – talking about body image and eating disorder prevention;
- The Body is Not an Apology by Sonya Renee Taylor;
- The Butterfly Foundation;
- Annual Mission Australia Youth Survey;