This week on the podcast I am chatting to Laini Oldfield from The Wholefood Collective. Today we are speaking about a topic I know will be popular – how to get your kids eating better (without them even knowing). Laini has such a great approach to this topic, gives so many great examples, and takes the parental pressure off when it comes to healthy eating and kids.
In this podcast episode Laini and I discuss:
- Laini’s humble beginnings of starting a local co-op in her garage as a Mum of 5;
- Her radically different approach to changing family nutrition through whole-foods;
- Laini’s approach to adding more nutrition to our kids’ diets ‘on the sly’ so that they won’t even notice the changes;
- Why this approach is an easy first step for parents;
- How to start making some momentum with diet changes, and using that momentum to keep you motivated;
- Laini’s 4-step approach to introducing healthy foods to kids;
- Practical ways to start changing our diets with easy swap-outs, and easy add-ins to increase your children’s nutritional intake;
- Laini shares a personal story about how she got her daughter to finally enjoy cauliflower;
- Plus examples of how to replace favourite foods such as vegemite, and how to increase nutritional intake through a mineral-rich sprinkle that you can add to your family meals.
- How to build a diverse gut microbiome;
- And, lastly, the benefits of taking a light-hearted approach to making dietary changes.
- Join the waitlist for Laini’s brand new upcoming group experience Nutrition On The Sly.
- BONUS ALERT! Special offer to the listeners of this podcast – order any 2 products, and get a free Boosted Spelt Pancake Mix worth $12.83. Using code JessFreePancakes
- You can follow Laini from The Wholefood Collective on Instagram here.
- Be sure to check out The Wholefood Collective website, and all their fantastic offerings.