Gut health is the foundation of health and wellbeing, especially when it comes to our kids. If digestion isn’t working properly every other system of the body is affected. But if digestive issues are addressed, it can have a positive flow-on effect for mood, immunity, behaviour, and more.
In this episode, I discuss why we need to focus on our kids’ gut health and the six main areas that are relevant to kids. They include:
- Absorption: to absorb the nutrients from the food they eat, kids need to
have a healthy digestive tract.
- Elimination: if the gut isn’t working optimally, your kids will reabsorb the waste back into the body, increasing their toxic load.
- Appetite and food preference: bacteria in the gut can alter the signals that the gut sends to the brain, which can result in changing taste receptors to prefer processed and highly refined foods over whole foods.
- Immune function: 70-80% of the immune system is located in the gut, so it’s important to improve gut function to reduce the risk of sickness and infection.
- Allergic tolerance: a lack of diversity in gut bacteria has been associated with issues
such as allergies, intolerances, and atopic conditions like eczema and asthma.
- Mood behaviour and sleep: it’s been found that kids with more diverse microbiomes have more positive behavioural traits
Come along to my upcoming masterclass to learn my 3 surprisingly simple ways to transform your kid’s gut health to improve their behaviour, immunity, allergies and fussy eating.
Save your Seat for the masterclass here
Here’s what some of our attendees have said
👉My a-ha moment was learning about all the prebiotic foods we can easily incorporate into our meals, thank you
👉For me, it was when you said there’s a minimum dose for probitics to be effective, and that everyone’s needs for particular strains vary. So there’s a lot more than just picking a probiotic off the shelf!
👉 I loved when you make it really clear that it takes time to make these changes. I’m such an all in type person. So to have a clear reminder not to rush out and change everything all at once was great.
👉The fact that our household cleaning products can be gut depletors – prompted me to review what I am using at home. Loved the tip about the particular nasties to look out for as it helps to know what exact things are harmful.
I hope to see you there xx