I’ll be honest with you, if I wasn’t a Naturopath and didn’t live by the naturopathic principles we are taught, I would be an exhausted, burnt-out mess on the floor.
This is why I’m really excited to sit down and have this chat with you all about looking after ourselves as busy Mums, and how the Naturopathic principles I live by allow me to live a balanced life.
In this episode, I take it back to basics and the foundational practices that keep me sane and balanced as a busy mum and business owner, such as:
- The importance of sleep – not just the number of hours, but the quality of sleep;
- Moving my body regularly, and the positive effects of regular movement on energy levels.
- My weekly yoga practice, and how this allows me to tune inwards and have a dedicated spiritual practice. Plus how I take the learnings from my yoga class into my week;
- Eating a well-balanced diet that is full of whole foods, with minimal processed foods;
- The importance of hydration and how it makes a big difference to energy levels;
- Finding a work/life balance – as someone who is inclined to ‘over work’, this is a huge factor in my self-care.
I hope you find this conversational episode valuable. I would love to hear how you manage self-care as a busy Mum & what your favourite self-care practice is. Head over to our Instagram page and send me a direct message.
- Are you wanting support to incorporate these practices into your life? Our naturopath Sarah can guide you through this process. Sarah is known for her empathetic and gentle approach in terms of her treatment plans – which is perfect for busy Mums. Check out more about Sarah’s consultations here.