Packing a healthy lunchbox is important because it is a significant percentage of the food our kids eat overall. If they are missing out on wholesome, nutrient-rich food in their lunch box, their overall nutrition will be suffering – both their macronutrient balance and their micronutrients (the vitamins and minerals).
So it is really important that we make an effort to make sure that our kids’ lunchboxes contain nutrient-rich foods to:
- Support sustained energy;
- Support their mood and behaviour;
- Support their learning and concentration;
- Support their immunity and gut health and;
- Their overall growth and development
In this episode, I talk about:
- What is typical in a standard Australian lunchbox (and we give examples), including things like:
- White bread sandwiches;
- Packaged food;
- And, only a little bit of fruit and veggies.
- The biggest mistake that I see parents make in terms of the food in they are putting in lunchboxes
- Plus, the first tweak you should think about that will improve the overall nutrition in a lunchbox.
Looking for Healthy lunchbox inspiration? We have dozens of lunchbox recipes in the Natural Super Kids KLUB, click here to find out more.