Packing a healthy lunchbox is important because it is a significant percentage of the food our kids eat overall. If they are missing out on wholesome, nutrient-rich food in their lunch box, their overall nutrition will be suffering – both their macronutrient balance and their micronutrients (the vitamins and minerals).
So it is really important that we make an effort to make sure that our kids’ lunchboxes contain nutrient-rich foods to:
- Support sustained energy;
- Support their mood and behaviour;
- Support their learning and concentration;
- Support their immunity and gut health and;
- Their overall growth and development
In this episode, I talk about:
- What is typical in a standard Australian lunchbox (and we give examples), including things like:
- White bread sandwiches;
- Packaged food;
- And, only a little bit of fruit and veggies.
- The biggest mistake that I see parents make in terms of the food in they are putting in lunchboxes
- Plus, the first tweak you should think about that will improve the overall nutrition in a lunchbox.
Speaking of all things lunchboxes .. Are you ready to make lunchboxes that your kids will love? To prepare a lunchbox that nourishes them that they will actually eat?
Come and join us for our FREE LUNCHBOX CHALLENGE.
Set across 5 daily lessons, you will be given tips and inspiration so you can pack nutritious lunchboxes for your kids. Plus a repertoire of nutritious recipes, guides, cheat sheets & access to our team of Naturopaths and Nutritionists!
The challenge kicks off on Friday, January 28th & we would love to see you participate.
BONUS .. You will have the chance to win an Annual Natural Super Kids Klub membership, and our fav lunchbox (Yummbox) valued at $480.00.
Click here to join the challenge – we can’t wait to create tasty lunchboxes with you.