Episode 51: Parenting Strong-willed Children With Eleanor Mann From The Reconnected
I am so thrilled to be chatting to Eleanor Mann from The Reconnected on this week’s podcast. Eleanor is a registered counsellor and co-founder of Reconnected Parenting and brings to the program a decade of working with parents as a counsellor, breath worker, and play therapist.
During this episode, Eleanor and I chat about:
- Eleanor’s personal story with her strong-willed child;
- How to recognise if you have a strong-willed child;
- The fact that around 20% of children have a high need for autonomy and what this means for us as parents;
- The importance of the “perspective shift” of a parent of a strong-willed child;
- Practical tips on ways we can parent strong-willed children to meet their need for autonomy and independence;
- Why it’s essential as a parent of a strong-willed child to be authentic and how this can help;
- How to fill up our own cup when we have a strong-willed child;
- How parents can build up their energy and patience to respond and be with their strong-willed children.
The Reconnected is a combination of a movement built around the Reconnected Parenting Program which focuses on play therapy, breathwork, and conscious parenting.
Eleanor from The Reconnected has a wonderful offering for listeners, the Reconnected Parenting Program. You can read more about this course through the link below.
- Visit the Reconnected Parenting website here – including the link to the 6-week online program.
- You can follow Eleanor from the Reconnected on Instagram here.
- A new Strong-Willed Kids course is coming soon – make sure you’re following The Reconnected on socials to be updated.