Unlike female puberty, initial signs for male puberty are more subtle. Puberty in boys generally starts later than girls, usually between 9-14 years old. Puberty is a time of growth, change and often less than pleasant symptoms.
The hormonal changes that occur during a boy’s puberty are completely normal. However, if your son is struggling with problems such as an insatiable appetite, skin issues, and mood swings, there are ways that you can help.
In this podcast episode, I discuss:
- The initial signs of puberty in boys and the most typical order of development;
- The average age puberty starts and hormonal changes that occur as boys go through puberty;
- How to support your child as he goes through growth spurts;
- What’s considered normal as boys go through puberty and important conversations we can have with boys as they go through this transition;
- How to satisfy their insatiable appetite and some of the reasons behind this;
Plus I chat about how we can support your teenage boys through:
- Balancing macronutrient intake and ensuring they are getting adequate protein, carbohydrates, and fats. Plus the importance of quality over quantity when it comes to food choices;
- The three essential vitamins and minerals you will want to consider supplementing to support puberty in teen boys which help to calm the nervous system, support muscles growth, balance testosterone and support a healthy mood.
- Our Quick and Healthy Snack Ideas eBook can give your teenage boys the nutrition they need to get them through puberty.
- Is your son struggling with the changes of puberty? We can offer personalised support and advice to help ease his transition. Click here to book an appointment.
- Episode 47 – Supporting Girls Through Puberty.
This episode is proudly sponsored by my membership, the Natural Super Kids Klub. If you would like to become a member of the Klub to get more helpful resources to help you raise a happy and healthy family click here and pop your name on the waitlist.
If you loved this episode, leave me a review! I would super appreciate it. Also, let me know the ways you incorporate rest into your routine by sending me a direct message on Instagram @naturalsuperkids or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.