Feeding a teenager can be a real challenge at the best of times. There is an increased need for optimal nutrition for teenagers, but they just want to eat junk food with their friends! This can make it tough to find a balance that everyone is happy with.
If this is something you’ve been struggling with, don’t worry. There are plenty of small tweaks you can make to the family’s diet to feed your teenager and help them thrive during their adolescent years.
In this episode I chat about:
- Challenges of feeding teenagers and what you should focus on as a parent;
- Brain development and why teens are attracted to refined processed foods at this age;
- The main things to focus on in their diet including protein, fibre, complex carbohydrates and healthy fats;
- The most important minerals for teens including calcium, magnesium, iron and zinc and how to increase these in the diet.
And my final tip is, focus on what you can. When it comes to nutrition for your teen, do the best with what you can do at home. Don’t worry too much about what they eat when they’re around their friends or go out for social occasions.
Stay aware of what they eat, and educate them about why they might want to make healthier choices. That’s all we can really do!
If you’re concerned about your teenagers’ nutrition, you can book an initial or express consultation with us to discuss tips and tricks on improving their diet, and our recommendations of suitable high-quality supplements to fill in the gaps, if needed.
You can book a consultation here.
- Blog – Nutrition for teenagers; tips & tricks
- Protein Powders we recommend
If you loved this episode, leave me a review! I would super appreciate it. Also, let me know the ways you incorporate rest into your routine by sending me a direct message on Instagram @naturalsuperkids or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
SUBSCRIBE AND SHARE OUR PODCAST!