Tummy aches are a frequent complaint of children and they are one of the most common reasons parents take their kids to the doctor or naturopath. Tummy aches can be a bit confusing to figure out when it comes to kids, as kids often complain of tummy aches when they’re generally feeling unwell, or anxious, and nervous or if they’re feeling a bit nauseous. It can be broad, and difficult for a kid to express exactly what is going on.
In this podcast episode, I discuss the common causes of tummy aches in kids, including constipation, food sensitivities, coeliac disease, and much more..
In this episode, I delve into why it’s important to do some detective work when your kid has regular tummy aches and to look into things such as:
- Other symptoms they may be presenting with
- Their daily bowel habits
- What’s going on with their diet and appetite
- Your family health history
I also talk about what you can do as a parent to get on top of your child’s tummy aches, including:
- Why it is important and helpful to keep a diet diary
- Two specific things we focus on when it comes to our child’s diet
- The food intolerances and sensitivities to consider
- Why it’s important to focus on building up your child’s gut health if they are having regular tummy aches.
Gut health is the foundation of our kid’s wellbeing and if we focus on gut health we can see improvements in our kid’s immunity, allergies, eczema, asthma, mood and behaviour, tummy troubles and fussy eating and so much more.
If you want to get to the bottom of your child’s tummy aches, REGISTER HERE for my upcoming free online masterclass – 3 Surprisingly Simple Ways to Transform Your Kids Gut Health to improve behaviour, immunity, allergies, and fussy eating.
The Masterclass will run via two live sessions:
Tuesday 26th Oct – Morning Session
Wednesday 27th October – Evening Session.
Click here to register.
- Episode 41 – Constipation
- Episode 9 – Addressing Food Intolerances & Sensitivities in Kids
- Episode 10 – Probiotics for Kids – Do Kids Need Them?
This episode is proudly sponsored by my membership, the Natural Super Kids Klub. If you would like to become a member of the Klub to get more helpful resources to help you raise a happy and healthy family click here and pop your name on the waitlist.
If you loved this episode, leave me a review! I would super appreciate it. Also, let me know the ways you incorporate rest into your routine by sending me a direct message on Instagram @naturalsuperkids or shoot me an email at firstname.lastname@example.org.