A common theme we have been seeing in our Natural Super Kids KLUB lately is the number of children dealing with fussy eating, iron deficiency and constipation. So in today’s episode I am going to discuss the link between the three.
In this episode, we will touch on:
- How it is common for fussy eaters to become iron deficient due to lack of iron-rich foods in the diet, as well as the link to constipation due to lack of dietary fibre.
- How a lack of dietary fibre can cause gut dysbiosis which contributes to poor appetite, fussy eating, constipation and iron absorbability;
- The link all three conditions have with the gut and the link between inflammation, short-chain fatty acids, prebiotics, and probiotics.
- How iron deficiency can lead to poor appetite;
- Why iron deficiency isn’t just about iron intake, and why we should focus on absorbability.
- How fussy eating and constipation affect iron absorption;
- The importance of choosing a well-absorbed iron;
- Plus so much more.