Have you ever wondered why allergies and intolerances, especially in children, are skyrocketing in Australia? Or if our medical system’s approach to these conditions is falling short? Join us as we delve deep into the perplexing issue of food allergies and intolerances in children in Part 2 of our Gut Health Podcast Series. If you missed Part 1, click here to learn more about the underlying causes of tummy issues such as constipation, reflux, and tummy aches (plus many more).
In today’s episode, I will be sharing insights on:
- The rise of allergic diseases, and the statistics behind this;
- The complexities of the hygiene hypothesis;
- Allergies vs. intolerances, including information on IgE and IgG reactions;
- We’ll question the traditional medical approach which focuses on relieving symptoms, rather than underlying causes;
- The dangers of cutting out many food groups long term;
- I will discuss the crucial role diet and holistic strategies play in managing these conditions.
- The importance of improving gut function and immune tolerance, focusing on four main areas including:
- Enzyme production;
- The role of bacteria in the gut, including diversity and balancing bacterial strains;
- The integrity of the gut wall;
- The role the immune system plays, and how to improve immune tolerance.
- Listen to Episode 6: The Hygiene Hypothesis & Allergies in Kids
- Listen to Episode 127: Navigating Food Intolerances in Kids: Insights from Clinical Nutritionist Melissa Kirkwood