When our children fall sick, as parents we will often rely on medications such as paracetamol and ibuprofen for fever relief. But did you know that these medications don’t need to be your first port of call? In many cases, these medications may be doing more harm than good when it comes to illness and recovery for your children.
While it’s important to be cautious, it’s equally vital to recognize that fever is not an enemy to be fought off. In fact, fever is a natural health response that can benefit our kids in several ways when they are unwell.
Throughout this episode, we will explore the topic of fever in children, shedding light on its positive aspects, the potential risks associated with common fever medications, and effective natural ways to reduce fever without relying solely on medication.
In this podcast episode, I will discuss:
- Why a fever is beneficial to our kids when they are sick;
- Febrile convulsions: What they are and when to seek immediate medical attention, plus:
- Understanding febrile convulsions and their symptoms;
- Recognizing danger signs and ensuring child safety;
- Prompt medical attention and guidance;
- Potential risks of common fever medications:
- Links to asthma and allergic reactions;
- How it affects the body’s glutathione levels in the body; Impact on immunisations;
- Safe usage guidelines for children.
- Links to gut issues and safe administration to children;
- Possible links to increased respiratory infections;
- Why you can’t give Ibuprofen to dehydrated children.
- The most effective ways to reduce fever naturally, including immune-boosting nutrients and fever-reducing herbal teas.
● Blog post: The Holistic Approach to Treating Fever in Children;
● Health Direct Infographic: Fever in Children