Episode 104: Separation Anxiety With Emily Hanlon, The Playful Psychologist
Emily Hanlon from The Playful Psychologist is a child and adolescent psychologist with experience providing individual and group therapy for children, adolescents, and adults with a variety of difficulties including ASD, Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), mood-related disorders, anxiety, poor social skills, and other behavioural concerns.
In this podcast episode, Emily and I are discussing separation anxiety & difficulty separating and how this affects our children. We also chat about:
- How separation anxiety can be a big challenge for families during back-to-school time, and the difference between separation anxiety and difficulty separating;
- How can we prepare our kids for fewer separation difficulties as they start school or head back to school after the long summer break;
- What parents can do during their morning routine to help their children feel more at ease;
- Where we can turn to for support and help if we have a child who is experiencing separation anxiety;
- Tips for Mums or Dads on coping with these challenges;
- Plus Emily shares more about The Playful Psychologist and her online offerings.
- Follow Emily on Instagram here – @theplayfulpsychologist
- The Playful Psychologist website.
- Check out Emily’s Instagram highlight – Psychologists without waiting lists
- My Big Moments are personalised books for big moments (such as starting school). Use mybigmoments15 at the checkout to receive 15% off your purchase.
- Purchase the Ready for School book from My Big Moments here.
- The Invisible String book.